Welcome to the BSN
We are the leading body that represents the interests of the UK's existing and aspiring black solicitors. We have been doing this since 1995 and importantly now embrace people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Diversity Legal Awards
Diversity League Table
Who we are
As well as being a significant representative voice for BME solicitors, we are also one of the largest organisations of our type within the legal profession in England and Wales.
What we do
Working in partnership we create and deliver a range of initiatives which contribute to ensuring that our members are supported at all stages of their career and professional development.
We are an inclusive, rather than exclusive organisation. Membership to the BSN is open to anyone who shares our values of fairness and inclusion, and who is willing to work with us towards creating an equal profession.
Sponsors | Corporate Members
Career and Job Opportunities.
Employers and Recruiters committed to diversity.
Empowering Diverse Talent.
Matching Associate Mentees with Tailored Mentors and Careers Coaching.
- 14SepDear Members, After what has been a turbulent year so far, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well. There have been many challenges facing black and minority ethnic communities in...7SepWe are excited to announce that BSN has been shortlisted for a prestigious Law Society Excellence Award – Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion! This award showcases successful and innovative examples of best practice in the promotion of diversity,...
- 6SepThe BSN Junior Lawyers Group (JLG) was proud to be involved in BSN City Group’s ‘Connecting across the distances’ sessions over the summer. We recognise that many of our members have been personally affected by...18AugThe Law Society is trying to understand the impact that the drop in billing due to Covid-19 has had on SMPs. If you would like to participate and are happy to talk to the Law...
- 13JulBSN is delighted to partner with the Winmark Foundation in supporting three scholarship memberships of the Chief Legal Officer (CLO) network to our members who are in-house lawyers. CLO sits at the heart of Winmark’s...10JulArticle featuring BSN’s Chair, Paulette Mastin Repost: click here to read on the Legal Futures website Share on LinkedIn | Share on Twitter | Share on Instagram 1 July 2020 Posted by Dan Bindman The role...
- 24JunConnecting across the distances is now more important than ever. While social distancing has affected BSN City Group’s programme of events for 2020, we are looking to organise events and webinars to support our members working remotely....22JunPlease click here for a downloadable pdf copy of BSN’s Open Letter Dear Law Firms and legal services providers, The tragedy of George Floyd’s murder at the hands of those who are meant to protect...
- 21JunDo you work closely with Junior Lawyers? If so, SBA – The Solicitors’ Charity needs your help in reaching those at the start of their careers. Please share this post with your colleagues. By now,...3JunThe Black Solicitors Network is committed to justice and equality under the law for all people regardless of race, colour or creed. We are horrified by the manner of the death of Mr George Floyd...
There are no upcoming events at this time.