Welcome to the BSN
We are the leading body that represents the interests of the UK's existing and aspiring black solicitors. We have been doing this since 1995 and importantly now embrace people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Diversity Legal Awards
Diversity League Table
Who we are
As well as being a significant representative voice for BME solicitors, we are also one of the largest organisations of our type within the legal profession in England and Wales.
What we do
Working in partnership we create and deliver a range of initiatives which contribute to ensuring that our members are supported at all stages of their career and professional development.
We are an inclusive, rather than exclusive organisation. Membership to the BSN is open to anyone who shares our values of fairness and inclusion, and who is willing to work with us towards creating an equal profession.
Sponsors | Corporate Members
Career and Job Opportunities.
Employers and Recruiters committed to diversity.
Empowering Diverse Talent.
Matching Associate Mentees with Tailored Mentors and Careers Coaching.
- 19FebRead here on the University of Bristol’s website The Law School is pleased to announce it is now a member of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN), aiming to increase the accessibility of events, opportunities and...5JanBy Eduardo Reyes | 30 November 2020 Click here to read on the Law Gazette’s website The clients of City law firms can begin to plan for life after Covid-19. But have their priorities changed? Eduardo...
- 4JanWe are delighted to announce that Cordella Bart-Stewart, Tribunal Judge (Immigration and Asylum) and director and co-founder of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN), has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s 2021 New Year Honours...28DecDear Members, Season’s greetings! I’m sure you’ll agree that 2020 has been a year like no other. As an organisation and within our communities we have faced unprecedented challenges arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and,...
- 23DecBSN is pleased to support the Accutrainee Scholarship Programme Accutrainee In 2012 Accutrainee introduced an innovative concept to the legal industry, creating a unique training contract for aspiring solicitors. To date we have helped...15Nov
BSN’s Big Conversation: How do we operationalise vocal commitments on race in the law? BHM – October 21st 2020Resonating with its Open Letter “A call to action for racial diversity” published in June to the legal profession and to mark BSN’s 25th Anniversary, BSN’s Big Conversation explored issues of race equality and equity...
- 5NovW: www.bsnconnect.co.uk In the wake of the Black Lives Matter protests over the summer, many organisations have pledged to recruit and promote more Black and minority ethnic (BME) talent, engage BME talent on their mandates...28OctRead here on The Law Gazette’s website By Paulette Mastin | 26 October 2020 As highlighted in the first article of the Gazette’s Black History Month series (5 October), I can attest that networks like...
- 16OctThe Black Solicitors Network received the Highly Commended recognition in the category of Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion at The Law Society’s Excellence Awards 2020 virtual ceremony on Tuesday 13 October, which is fantastic news....14SepDear Members, After what has been a turbulent year so far, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well. There have been many challenges facing black and minority ethnic communities in...
- March 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:15 pm