Welcome to the BSN
We are the leading body that represents the interests of the UK's existing and aspiring black solicitors. We have been doing this since 1995 and importantly now embrace people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Diversity Legal Awards
Diversity League Table
Who we are
As well as being a significant representative voice for BME solicitors, we are also one of the largest organisations of our type within the legal profession in England and Wales.
What we do
Working in partnership we create and deliver a range of initiatives which contribute to ensuring that our members are supported at all stages of their career and professional development.
We are an inclusive, rather than exclusive organisation. Membership to the BSN is open to anyone who shares our values of fairness and inclusion, and who is willing to work with us towards creating an equal profession.
Sponsors | Corporate Members
Career and Job Opportunities.
Employers and Recruiters committed to diversity.
Empowering Diverse Talent.
Matching Associate Mentees with Tailored Mentors and Careers Coaching.
- 7AprDear members and colleagues You will have seen or heard about the Government commissioned report published on 31 March by the Commission for Race and Ethnic Disparities which was formed in response to the BLM...1Apr
BSN congratulates Stephanie Boyce as she takes up the role of President of the Law Society of England and WalesShare this news on LinkedIn Congratulations, Stephanie Boyce! As Stephanie takes up the role of President of the Law Society of England and Wales, the first of African Caribbean descent, the Black Solicitors Network wish...
- 26MarFollowing this successful event on 3 March 2021, we are sharing sharing snippets of the advice given by our fantastic panellists. Today we share Geofrey Banzi’s valuable and practical advice on preparing for a career...25MarBSN is proud to support the Halo Collective in its mission to build a future without hair discrimination. Race-based hair discrimination has been illegal in the UK since the Equality Act became law in 2010, and yet...
- 22MarThank you to Modern Law Magazine for featuring BSN in its ‘in-depth’ section where we journey through our history and impact on diversity and inclusion in the legal profession through our extensive platform of events...15MarOn 3 March, we hosted an event in partnership with Facebook exploring tech career experiences through a legal lens with host Anna Benckert, VP, Head of Legal, EMEA at Facebook, panellists Barry Fishley, Partner and Head...
- 19FebRead here on the University of Bristol’s website The Law School is pleased to announce it is now a member of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN), aiming to increase the accessibility of events, opportunities and...5JanBy Eduardo Reyes | 30 November 2020 Click here to read on the Law Gazette’s website The clients of City law firms can begin to plan for life after Covid-19. But have their priorities changed? Eduardo...
- 4JanWe are delighted to announce that Cordella Bart-Stewart, Tribunal Judge (Immigration and Asylum) and director and co-founder of the Black Solicitors Network (BSN), has been awarded an OBE in the Queen’s 2021 New Year Honours...28DecDear Members, Season’s greetings! I’m sure you’ll agree that 2020 has been a year like no other. As an organisation and within our communities we have faced unprecedented challenges arising from the Covid-19 pandemic and,...
- April 16 @ 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm
- April 20 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm