Welcome to the BSN
We are the leading body that represents the interests of the UK's existing and aspiring black solicitors. We have been doing this since 1995 and importantly now embrace people from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
Diversity Legal Awards
Diversity League Table
Who we are
As well as being a significant representative voice for BME solicitors, we are also one of the largest organisations of our type within the legal profession in England and Wales.
What we do
Working in partnership we create and deliver a range of initiatives which contribute to ensuring that our members are supported at all stages of their career and professional development.
We are an inclusive, rather than exclusive organisation. Membership to the BSN is open to anyone who shares our values of fairness and inclusion, and who is willing to work with us towards creating an equal profession.
Sponsors | Corporate Members
Career and Job Opportunities.
Employers and Recruiters committed to diversity.
Empowering Diverse Talent.
Matching Associate Mentees with Tailored Mentors and Careers Coaching.
- 9MayWe at the Black Solicitors Network are delighted to share the black inclusion report created by the Equality and Diversity Sub-Committees of COMBAR, ChBA and TECBAR which have commissioned a report on the level of...27Jul
Event Recording | BSN/Halo/Linklaters – Halo Code: Building a future without hair discrimination | 26 July 5.30pmClick here to watch the recording! Following our campaign in March 2021 calling on law firms and legal service providers to adopt the Halo Code, we are delighted to have collaborated with the Halo Collective...
- 27JulThe Diversity League Table (DLT) is sponsored by The Law Society and has been widely considered to be the legal profession’s leading diversity reporting initiative and publication. With this edition, we aim to inspire law...16Jun
Feature: Applications open for Black Solicitors Network Grassroots Programme | University of Bristol Law SchoolRead here on the University of Bristol’s website | Press release issued: 7 June 2021 The Law School is delighted to be working in partnership with the Black Solicitors Network (BSN) as one of the sponsors...
- 16JunRead here on Linklaters’ website | 16 June 2021 Global law firm Linklaters has partnered with the Black Solicitors Network (BSN) in launching The Grassroots Programme, a bespoke and intensive programme supporting Black undergraduates studying at Manchester,...11JunShare this news On LinkedIn | On Twitter | On Instagram BSN is pleased to announce the launch of the BSN Grassroots Programme in partnership with Linklaters (Headline Sponsor), The University of Manchester (Headline Sponsor),...
- 9JunRead here on The Voice’s website | Published on 7 June 2021 The Diversity League Table is essential reading for law firms, Chambers and other organisations who want to stay informed about D&I within the...3JunClick here to watch the recording! Thank you to those who attended yesterday evening’s event BSN Hot Topics: Introduction to SQE with Julie Brannan, Director of Education and Training, Solicitors Regulation Authority and Jo Connolloy,...
- 3JunRead the article here on Legal Futures | by Dan Bindman | 2 June 2021 One-off training sessions and general employee wellbeing schemes do not go far enough to ensure diversity and inclusion, and nothing...26MayBLACK SOLICITORS NETWORK LAUNCHES LATEST DIVERSITY LEAGUE TABLE / STUDY Click here to view the digital copy! Offering a new and compelling insight into the state of diversity and inclusion (D&I) within the legal sector,...