The Black Solicitors Network is currently recruiting four volunteers for the newly-established BSN Marketing Committee.
At the BSN, we are very passionate about reaching our aims and objectives in promoting equality and challenging discrimination in the legal profession. Marketing is a key tool of the BSN’s work through effective communication with members, sponsors and supporters. The general duties of the BSN Marketing Committee will be to establish and implement a centralised marketing and communications strategy on a national level. The committee will meet bi-monthly or quarterly. Committee members will be required to attend meetings (either in person or via phone) and will likely have action points to complete on an ongoing basis.
We are currently recruiting for four voluntary roles to commence in September 2019:
1. Social Media/Customer Relations Management
- Advises on the strategy, tone of voice, and guidelines for BSN’s email/social media activity and presence;
- Advises on tailoring social media and mailers for the target audience; and
- Monitors the performance of the various BSN mailers, pages and channels across social media sites and reports on this to the committee.
2. Membership Engagement
- Advises on methods of engaging current and prospective BSN members;
- Initiates ideas/suggestions as to initiatives, projects, campaigns that can be implemented to add value to the BSN members’ experience;
- Advises on the mechanics of membership sign-up;
- Advises on research methods and topical studies involving the membership; and
- Monitors the demographics and profiles of members including the gathering and storing of members’ data.
- Responsible for advising on the user experience of the BSN website(s);
- Advises on the collection of user analytics;
- Advises on new innovations regarding BSN’s web/app presence; and
- Monitors user analytics and suggests changes/tests to help improve user experience and website performance.
- Responsible for advising on press activity;
- Writes press releases/blogs where required;
- Builds BSN’s press contacts and makes introductions to other BSN volunteers where necessary; and
- Monitors and evaluates BSN’s presence and tone of voice in press outlets both online and offline.
Ideally, candidates will have expertise/experience in marketing, and/or will have an interest in diversity/social mobility and/or the legal profession. We would be welcoming of students, junior lawyers, and any other candidates regardless of seniority or discipline.
If you would like to be considered for these roles, please download an application form here and attach it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV or a link to your LinkedIn profile. Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us if you have any queries regarding the above roles or the application process.
The deadline for applications is 12 July 2019. After this, all applications will be considered and telephone interviews will take place, a decision on candidates will be made by 30 August 2019 and appointments to the committee will take effect as of 2 September 2019.
Stay updated with the BSN’s work!
Become a member of the BSN: https://www.blacksolicitorsnetwork.co.uk/membership-types/
Join our LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6536945955948900352
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BSNofficial